Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Tailgaters

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
Abe F. March

Number of posts : 10768
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Tailgaters Empty
PostSubject: Tailgaters   Tailgaters EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 7:44 am

Have you ever had a car on your tail anxious to pass, and when they do pass you catch up to them at a stop light?  The lane you are in moves fast and you get through while the tailgater gets stuck with the light.  As you continue, that same car catches up to you again and hangs on your tail.  In frustration, you turn on your headlights and that lights up the tail lights. (That is a trick my father used). As the tail gaiter hits the breaks, you step on the gas.  When he finally catches up to you again and passes, he gives you a wave.  You feel sorry for him that he is handicapped and has only one finger on his hand.  He again gets behind you by being in the wrong lane at another traffic light.  You are approaching a reduced Speed Limit area and you slow down and he speeds past you.  You pass again when you find him stopped by the Police.  You wave to him.  So as not to make him feel bad for having lost the use of four fingers, you show him that you are sympathetic and give him a wave using just one finger.
Back to top Go down
dkchristi
Five Star Member
Five Star Member
dkchristi

Number of posts : 8594
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Tailgaters Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tailgaters   Tailgaters EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 11:08 am

If people would remember there is only one purpose for an automobile:  getting from point A to point B safely, they would take fewer chances, carry less anger on to the road and be pleased that road signs are an attempt to make traffic safer.

The road leading to my house has speed limits of 40, 35 and 30 all within a very short distance.  I am not going to bother with all those; I just go 35.  People get anxious behind me.  Then I slow down to 30.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dkchristi.webs.com

Tailgaters
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: General :: Chatter Box-
Jump to: