Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Share | 

The Ukraine

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 10627
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: The Ukraine   Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:24 am

The Crisis in the Ukraine.

Before the Soviet Union was disbanded, Putin was a KGB Agent stationed in Dresden, Germany.  He was very upset with the break up of the Union and had to return to Russia.   
I suspect that Putin's long/short term objective is to reclaim the countries formerly part of the Soviet Union.  The Baltic States fear that this is his agenda.  It is pure speculation on my part, however it is plausible.  Putin is power hungry and not to be trusted.  Rather than wait for him to make his move as appears to be emminent with the Ukraine, it would be wise to cut off his source of revenue and that is the Gas/Oil he exports.  The Western powers could supply the countries currently getting their supply from Russia and bring Putin down with the economic weapon.
Back to top Go down
Don Stephens
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 1355
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: The Ukraine   Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:27 pm

Abe F. March wrote:
The Crisis in the Ukraine.

Before the Soviet Union was disbanded, Putin was a KGB Agent stationed in Dresden, Germany.  He was very upset with the break up of the Union and had to return to Russia.   
I suspect that Putin's long/short term objective is to reclaim the countries formerly part of the Soviet Union.  The Baltic States fear that this is his agenda.  It is pure speculation on my part, however it is plausible.  Putin is power hungry and not to be trusted.  Rather than wait for him to make his move as appears to be emminent with the Ukraine, it would be wise to cut off his source of revenue and that is the Gas/Oil he exports.  The Western powers could supply the countries currently getting their supply from Russia and bring Putin down with the economic weapon.

Putin and Russia scare me far more than anything Iran can come up with!
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: The Ukraine   Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:45 pm

4/14/2014

My my words: " Putin will grab all of Ukraine. Then slowly but
                       surely he'll grab the rest of Eastern Europe. Nothing we can
                       do about it. I compare Putin to Stalin, " Sociopath !".

Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 10627
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: The Ukraine   Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:53 pm

Joe, there is something that can be done.  War should not be an option.  Those countries who have experienced war are opposed to that option.  It's easy to sit thousands of miles away and promote war when you are not going to be in it.  Diplomacy must be given a chance.  Sanctions will help.  Cut off their source of income and they will buckle.  In today's world, power is not power without money.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: Re: The Ukraine   Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:55 am

4/15/2014

I never said war ? All I meant was we have no business sending
                     troops, weapons, etc. Yes we can seize Russia's bank accounts, I
                     don't know if we have that kind of oil to supply all of those European
                     countries? Putin is very arrogant, let's see , from what I just read
                     Ukraine is sending troops to stop what Russia is doing...

Cheers...Joe
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ukraine   

Back to top Go down

The Ukraine
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: Society :: All Political Discussions-
Jump to: