Published Authors

A place for budding and experienced authors to share ideas about publishing and marketing books

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log in  Featured MembersFeatured Members  ArticlesArticles  

Share | 

GOVERNMENT SHUT DOWN HAS BEGUN ! HORRORS HAVE BEGUN !

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 8210
Registration date : 2008-11-04

PostSubject: GOVERNMENT SHUT DOWN HAS BEGUN ! HORRORS HAVE BEGUN !   Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:06 pm

10/1/2013

The govt. has officially shut down, both political parties are at fault, they
                      should be imprisoned and NO PAY !!!!!! MORONS !!!!

Cheers..Joe..
Back to top Go down
http://joseph-frank-baraba-artistwebsites.om
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 9633
Registration date : 2008-12-05

PostSubject: Re: GOVERNMENT SHUT DOWN HAS BEGUN ! HORRORS HAVE BEGUN !   Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:33 pm

We had a shut-down 17 years ago, Joe, under Clinton. We're still here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.annjoiner.com
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: GOVERNMENT SHUT DOWN HAS BEGUN ! HORRORS HAVE BEGUN !   Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:41 pm

101/2013

One congressman wanted both parties and employees of that party to be part
               of Obama Care, he said :" If The American people have to be apart of it , so should
              the Congress, the Senate and all of their aides." Harry Reid refused this ! I think both
              parties suck ! They should be fined for every day they hold this country hostage ! The
              President should be fined too , he won't meet with anyone to have a discussion , I say
              impeach everyone and have the public elect new officials...A Recall, see how fast they go
              back to work...
                                                               Cheers...Joe...
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 10627
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Re: GOVERNMENT SHUT DOWN HAS BEGUN ! HORRORS HAVE BEGUN !   Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:19 pm

From what I gather, the sticking issue was Obamacare.  Obama won the election twice.  His big thing was healthcare.  The people gave him this mandate.  To deny the people the healthcare they want and deserve is very wrong.  In this case, the Republicans are to blame for blocking it.  Of course they have tried to block most things Obama wanted.  Their efforts were not for the benefit of the American people, but to bring Obama down.  That does have a racial smell.
I personally can't respect anyone who would vote Republican.  Either the party should disappear or a major change must take place.  I say this as a former Republican.
Back to top Go down
LC124

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2013-09-30

PostSubject: Re: GOVERNMENT SHUT DOWN HAS BEGUN ! HORRORS HAVE BEGUN !   Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:11 am

joefrank wrote:
10/1/2013

The govt. has officially shut down, both political parties are at fault, they
                      should be imprisoned and NO PAY !!!!!! MORONS !!!!

Cheers..Joe..
Don't be silly. It was a core of hard right fanatics in Republican party that initiated this.
Back to top Go down
alice
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

Number of posts : 15666
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: GOVERNMENT SHUT DOWN HAS BEGUN ! HORRORS HAVE BEGUN !   Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:52 am

We must always look for the silver linings
at least no more gun permits can be issued during the shutdown.Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/acrooker/
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: GOVERNMENT SHUT DOWN HAS BEGUN ! HORRORS HAVE BEGUN !   Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:29 am

101/2013

Isn't interesting that what ABe said ! Everything has to have a racial issue !
                 This is un-called for....As I said in my previous page , one Congressman put
                  a bill up that states  all Congressman and Senators and their aides should
                  be apart of the Obama Care Act , Harry Reid and the senate rejected it, as
                  they say what's good for the goose is good for the gander !

Cheers....Joe...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: GOVERNMENT SHUT DOWN HAS BEGUN ! HORRORS HAVE BEGUN !   Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:30 am

10/1/2013

Oh yes, by the way do you know if your Congressman and Senators
                         get paid ?  Here's the answer... Cheers..Joe...Very Happy 
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/01/congress-pay-shutdown_n_4019843.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl20%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D384443
Back to top Go down
LC124

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2013-09-30

PostSubject: Re: GOVERNMENT SHUT DOWN HAS BEGUN ! HORRORS HAVE BEGUN !   Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:08 am

joefrank wrote:
101/2013

Isn't interesting that what ABe said ! Everything has to have a racial issue !
                 This is un-called for....As I said in my previous page , one Congressman put
                  a bill up that states  all Congressman and Senators and their aides should
                  be apart of the Obama Care Act , Harry Reid and the senate rejected it, as
                  they say what's good for the goose is good for the gander !

Cheers....Joe...Very Happy
WTF are you talking about? Members of Congress get their government plan while their aides get subsidies to buy insurance in the healthcare exchanges. These are the subsidies that Boehner is trying to end with one of his CR poison pills.

In short, Boehner is is so in thrall with the extreme rightwing nutjobs in his own party that he's willing to thrown his own aides under the bus.

And how is all "what's good for goose is good for the gander"? That statement doesn't make sense in this context.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: GOVERNMENT SHUT DOWN HAS BEGUN ! HORRORS HAVE BEGUN !   Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:38 pm

10/1/2013

Read my lips ! One congressman put a new bill in stating all Congressmen,
                    Senators and the Pres. have to join Obama Care got it !! The Senate rejected
                    it because they don't want to give up their perks , they all should be fired !!

Cheers..Joe...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HaroldLee
Three Star Member
Three Star Member

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2013-05-14

PostSubject: Re: GOVERNMENT SHUT DOWN HAS BEGUN ! HORRORS HAVE BEGUN !   Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:56 pm

It doesn't make sense to me either.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: GOVERNMENT SHUT DOWN HAS BEGUN ! HORRORS HAVE BEGUN !   Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:15 pm

10/1/2013

It's very sad when politicians fight like little children and drag the country
                    down the toilet ! It's also a disgrace that all 533 members of Congress, The
                    President and the Supreme Court all get paid while Federal workers suffer, I
                    say we need another govt. these jackasses haven't done anything in 5 years !
                    I say we need a new party called The Federalist....

Cheers...Joe...Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: GOVERNMENT SHUT DOWN HAS BEGUN ! HORRORS HAVE BEGUN !   Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:35 pm

Joe said wrote:
  I say we need a new party called The Federalist....
So, I take it then, that you are in favor of a strong central government, led by an educated elite, which would consider the constitution as a guidebook of suggestions to be loosely followed according to their own interpretations, in order to maintain a strong central bank, as well as a tight  control over the shipping and manufacturing of goods as their means of regulating the economy?

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_were_the_basic_beliefs_of_the_federalists
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: GOVERNMENT SHUT DOWN HAS BEGUN ! HORRORS HAVE BEGUN !   Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:10 pm

10/2/2013

Ann..

You know , I know and millions of other Americans know the Govt.
                  doesn't work ! Both parties are destroying this country, sorry to say the
                  Democrats are part of this too, I say all Congress, Senators, Supreme Court
                  and yes the Pres. of the United States should be apart of Obama Care, why
                  the hell should they get away from it, their nothing but a bunch of two face
                  jackasses, all they want to do is tax this country to death and get their perks,
                  enough is enough , we need a re-call all politicians to be up for a vote and oh
                  yes I think Abe should think twice about calling things racial, that's all people
                  think about ? If someone doesn't like a politician it's not because their black,
                  white, hispanic, jewish or catholic or a woman , it's because they don't like
                  their politics which suck !!!

Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: GOVERNMENT SHUT DOWN HAS BEGUN ! HORRORS HAVE BEGUN !   Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:34 pm

You feel this very strongly, Joe.  You are not alone.  While I don't agree with all of what you say, I get your frustration.

My question has to do with whether of not a Federalist approach would solve the problems.  I hear you saying you would prefer less government control rather than more, so I wonder why you would choose a name for your new party that symbolizes a strong control from Washington.

I get that you are upset.  It's a frustrating situation.  I wonder at the fact that some of our current leaders are so out of touch with the people.  This element seems to think that they have the power to do as they please, regardless of what the majority wants.  I wonder where they get that notion.  It seems to me that these are desperate people who see their "reign" collapsing and are, as Dylan Thomas once said, "raging against the dying of the light."

The world is changing very fast, and that's scary, but if we can just breathe deep, quiet our brains long enough to listen to our hearts, I think we can see that this drama is not going to continue much longer  That regime is crumbling, so we are worried about whether the new will be better, worse, or just more of the same.

I say we focus on seeing the future as better, and that if enough of us do that, we will bring that better world into being.

So, try to stop worrying and seeing the situation as horrific.

Paint something beautiful, or take your camera out, find something real that shows the earth's natural harmony, and photograph it for us.  That will do far more good than raging at something you cannot control, and is dying anyway.

Annie
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: GOVERNMENT SHUT DOWN HAS BEGUN ! HORRORS HAVE BEGUN !   Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:20 pm

10/2/2013

Isn't it interesting : " We The People, For The People, By The People."
                 WHich to me means the people are in control not the politicians. They
                 just don't get it. I remember when a politician was running for President
                 I think 20 years ago or so and he said something that caught my attention.
                 He said you know they don't get it or understand the people of this country
                 is in charge not them, so when ever they want to pass a bill let it be put
                 on a ballot say once a year and let the public vote on it. If this was done
                 before Iraq and Afghanistan I know in my heart the public would have
                 voted NO , it would have been 300 Million people aganist 533 Congressmen.
                  Maybe I live in a dream world ?
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: GOVERNMENT SHUT DOWN HAS BEGUN ! HORRORS HAVE BEGUN !   Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:41 pm

So much for democracy, Joe.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: GOVERNMENT SHUT DOWN HAS BEGUN ! HORRORS HAVE BEGUN !   Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:20 am

"In a democracy, hostage tactics are the last resort for those who can’t otherwise win their fights through elections, can’t win their fights in Congress, can’t win their fights for the Presidency, and can’t win their fights in Courts," Warren said. "For this right-wing minority, hostage-taking is all they have left – a last gasp of those who cannot cope with the realities of our democracy."
Elizabeth Warren

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/01/elizabeth-warren-government-shutdown_n_4025893.html

(Thanks to Betty for sharing this video on her FB page)
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: GOVERNMENT SHUT DOWN HAS BEGUN ! HORRORS HAVE BEGUN !   Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:23 am

Interesting that more and more polls are coming out saying that meople prefer Affordable Health care over Obamacare, apparently not realizing that they are the same thing.

Why do you suppose that is?
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: GOVERNMENT SHUT DOWN HAS BEGUN ! HORRORS HAVE BEGUN !   Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:34 am

Ann, there has been so much false information about "Affordable Health Care" (Obama Care) that the opposition uses a good program to deny the benefits to the populace for political gains.  I think this will backfire - and it should.  Elizabeth Warren is a smart lady and has guts.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: GOVERNMENT SHUT DOWN HAS BEGUN ! HORRORS HAVE BEGUN !   Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:43 am

Agreed, but the point is that the same people who favor  affordable health care, which is the official name for what Republicans started calling "Obamacare," are opposed to the latter without realizing that they are the same thing.

So what is going on with that?  Who are these people listening to, and how is it that they don't know what they think they oppose?

What can be done to help these people wake up and think for themselves - do their own research, etc?
Back to top Go down
Abe F. March
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: GOVERNMENT SHUT DOWN HAS BEGUN ! HORRORS HAVE BEGUN !   Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:25 am

Wish I had an answer to that, Ann.  Thinking doesn't seem to be important for many.  They want to be led and fed.  Sadly, they are being led and will not be fed.
Back to top Go down
joefrank
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: GOVERNMENT SHUT DOWN HAS BEGUN ! HORRORS HAVE BEGUN !   Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:18 am

10/2/2013

I have been to the exchanges , I would love to have them answer why are the rates
                 different in each state ? Number two the rates for single will go from  Bronze 100-
                 to Platnium 400- , for single people many young people can't afford this, I really
                 don't want to know how their going to slash Medicare next year, because if they
                 do you'll see 54 million seniors march on Washington, " Grey Panters You Go !"

Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: GOVERNMENT SHUT DOWN HAS BEGUN ! HORRORS HAVE BEGUN !   Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:00 am

Part of the answer has to do with the tax cuts they will qualify for, which will bring their rates down overall.

Having states rights has been a part of the way our conntry works.  Conservatives are in favor of allowing more freedom of government=nt to the states, so things like insurance and education regulations differ from state to state.  You will need to talk to your legislators to answer your question.
Back to top Go down
alj
Five Star Member
Five Star Member

PostSubject: Re: GOVERNMENT SHUT DOWN HAS BEGUN ! HORRORS HAVE BEGUN !   Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:09 am

Silver lining - just heard a woman on TV make the comment that if "they" had to live on what the bulk of the people live on, they couldn't make it.

More and more individuals will see this reality and stop blindly re-electing these guys who never had any interests at heart beyond protecting their own wealth.

People who don't have a lot have always tended to look up to and revere those who do. There is still an unconscios Calvinistic view out there which tells them that God favors "the good peope." So, if they are not doing well, they must be somehow "bad," and so they look up to those who are doing well, so they vote for them without really looking into what those "good" people work for and believe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GOVERNMENT SHUT DOWN HAS BEGUN ! HORRORS HAVE BEGUN !   

Back to top Go down

GOVERNMENT SHUT DOWN HAS BEGUN ! HORRORS HAVE BEGUN !
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Published Authors :: Society :: All Political Discussions-
Jump to: